Name: Poweramp Music Player
Updated: May 13, 2018
Requires OS: Android Varies with device
Size: 7 MB
Poweramp Music Player is a powerful music player for Android.
Follow us on twitter @PowerampAPP to get instant updates on app development progress, feature spotlight, theme sharing, take part in giveaways and even chances for free copies of Poweramp.
Please check Common Questions/Answers below in the description.
– plays mp3, mp4/m4a (incl. alac), ogg, wma*, flac, wav, ape, wv, tta, mpc, aiff
– 10 band optimized graphical equalizer for all supported formats, presets, custom presets
– separate powerful Bass and Treble adjustment
– stereo eXpansion, mono mixing, balance
– replay gain
– plays songs from folders and from own library
– dynamic queue
– lyrics support, including lyrics search via musiXmatch plugin
– embed and standalone .cue files support
– support for m3u, m3u8, pls, wpl playlists
– OpenGL based cover art animation
– downloads missing album art
– custom visual themes, lot of skins available on Play
– 4 widget types with many selectable styles, advanced customization; Android 4.2 lock screen widgets
– configurable lock screen
– headset support, automatic Resume on headset and/or BT connection (can be disabled in settings)
– tag editor
– fast library scan
– high level of customization via settings
This version is 15 days full featured Trial. See Related Apps for Poweramp Full Version Unlocker or use Buy option in Poweramp settings to buy Full Version.
Common Questions/Answers for Poweramp v2.x:
Q. Does my Poweramp v2 purchase include the next Poweramp v3?
A. Yes, it does.
Q. My songs are missing from folders/library.
A. Please ensure you have all your folders with music actually checked in Poweramp Settings => Folders and Library => Music Folders.
Your original Android Library is not changed, nor any files deleted.
Poweramp library is a separate, completely independent library. When you installed Poweramp 2.0, it just got filled with the files scanned from your sd card/other flash memory, as specified in Music Folders.
Q. Volume too low. Volume changes weirdly. Other volume issues.
A. Try to disable Direct Volume Control in Poweramp Settings => Audio => Advanced Tweaks.
Poweramp 2.x uses Direct Volume Control by default on 2.3+ mid-to-high end devices. On stock ROMs this produces much better audio output. But many custom/buggy ROMs, while supporting DVC, can fail with it.
What’s New In Poweramp Music Player :-
This build includes re-worked Output plugins. Those now share code with Poweramp Beta:
updated Direct Hi-Res Experimental Output. Now with support for various Android 7/8 devices
added Direct Hi-Res new Direct HD variant. Includes support for LDAC/UHQ BT (up to 96khz)
added support for 88.2/176.4/352.8/384khz sample rates (where supported and properly reported by the device)
Poweramp now tries to get and show actual device sample rate (except for Samsungs). Some outputs (e.g. USB DAC, LDAC BT) force specific sample rate, despite shown by Poweramp. E.g. Android will accept and report 96khz for BT with AAC codec, resampling audio in the process back to 44.1khz
updated and added OpenSL HD output from Poweramp beta-preview (enabled for Android 8+). Includes support for LDAC/UHQ BT (up to 96khz)
backported Notifications from Poweramp beta-preview, also updated/polished them for Huawei’s, Meizus, Vivos, and some other devices with non-standard notifications
backported dithering. Fixes a few cases when dithering is not properly applied
NOTE: for Android 8, Direct Hi-Res is supported on Snapdragon SOCs (e.g. hi-res enabled Asus, Nokia, LG, HTC devices)
NOTE: Direct Hi-Res does not support DVC for Samsungs @ Android 7 (but Hi-Res + DVC is supported by OpenSL HD for Android 8+, or for Samsungs @ Android 5/6)
NOTE: for “absolute volume” BT devices, DVC is not generally supported. You may try to disable “absolute volume” in Android Development settings in this case
NOTE: due to the audio output changes, all output settings are set to defaults
- Download the file
- Copy and paste to extSD card and Install
- Some Apps/Games need “Root”.