Updated: Feb 05, 2016
Requires OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10
Size: 4 MB
WinRAR 5 is a powerful archive manager (Windows, Linux, Mac). This is a powerful compression tool with many integrated additional functions to help you organize your compressed archives. It can
backup your data and reduce size of email attachments, decompress RAR, ZIP and other files downloaded from Internet and create new archives in RAR and ZIP file format. The archiver puts you ahead of the crowd when it comes to compression. By consistently creating smaller archives, WinRAR is often faster than the competition. This will save you disc space, transmission costs AND valuable working time as well. WinRAR is ideal for multimedia files. It automatically recognizes and selects the best compression method.
The special compression algorithm compresses multimedia files, executables and object libraries particularly well. RAR files can usually compress content by 8 percent to 15 percent more than ZIP files can.
• Using WinRAR puts you ahead of the crowd when it comes to compression by consistently making smaller archives than the competition, saving disk space and transmission costs.
• The program provides complete support for RAR and ZIP archives and is able to unpack CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, 7Z, Z archives.
• WinRAR offers a graphic interactive interface utilizing mouse and menus as well as the command line interface.
• WinRAR is easier to use than many other archivers with the inclusion of a special “Wizard” mode which allows instant access to the basic archiving functions through a simple question and answer procedure. This avoids confusion in the early stages of use.
• WinRAR offers you the benefit of industry strength archive encryption using AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with a key of 128 bits.
• WinRAR supports files and archives up to 8,589 billion gigabytes in size. The number of archived files is, for all practical purposes, unlimited.
• WinRAR offers the ability to create selfextracting and multivolume archives. Recovery record and recovery volumes allow to reconstruct even physically damaged archives.
• WinRAR features are constantly being developed to keep WinRAR ahead of the pack.
What’s New :
1. Following issues are corrected in Windows high DPI mode:
a) if text size in Windows settings was set to 150% or larger,
the font size in WinRAR help was not increased accordingly,
resulting in too small text;
b) default columns width in WinRAR file list was less
than expected for 125% or larger Windows text setting.
2. Interface improvements for right to left languages:
a) proper text alignment in simple WinRAR prompts, such as
confirmations to delete archived files or to clear the log file;
b) “OK”, “Cancel”, “Help” buttons in multi-page dialogs,
such as archiving and extraction options or WinRAR settings,
are aligned correctly and translated to default Windows
3. Bugs fixed:
a) WinRAR SFX module could load DLL libraries from its own executable
folder as a result of calling some Windows API functions.
It could lead to security threat if DLL files with malicious code
were stored in the same folder as SFX archive. Now SFX module
takes additional steps to prevent such situation in Windows Vista
Be aware that users without latest Windows security patches
installed also as Windows XP users still can be affected,
so they must be especially careful to run SFX archive from
a folder without suspicious DLL files;
b) WinRAR 5.30 failed to run .lnk files from file list.
(1): Please use 7Zip/WinRAR/Universal Extractor to EXTRACT FILES
(2): run the setup and install
(3): run the crack