Updated: December 23, 2015
Requires OS: Windows Phone 8.1, Windows Phone 8,
Size: 7 MB
Plex organizes all of your personal media, wherever you keep it, so you can enjoy it on any device. With Plex, you can easily stream your videos, music, photos and home movies to your Windows Phone 8 device from your home computers running Plex Media Server (available for free at http://www.plexapp.com/getplex/).
– Plex makes your media beautiful with rich descriptions, artwork, and other metadata.
– Plex automatically converts your media on-the-fly to play on any device.
– Easily share your media with friends and family.
– Browse your media on any Plex-enabled device and fling it to any screen.
– Control your big screen experience from any phone or tablet.
– Access a wide range of online channels such as TED, Revision3, and TWiT.
– Queue online videos from sites like Vimeo and YouTube and watch them later on any device.
With Plex, your media universe is constantly expanding. Getting up and running is easy, so start now!
CHANGES IN v126.96.36.199:
– Improved player discovery
– Issues controlling players with Queue content
– CloudSync and Queue videos save progress and resume more consistently
– CloudSync videos shouldn’t be added to OnDeck after a partial viewing
– Main page library groups remove unavailable content with signing out of myPlex
– Direct Play content now resumes correctly
– Videos resume when app is multitasked out and back in
– Remote control continues to work when app is multitasked out and back in
– Always play the selected track when selecting from an album page
– Custom library section icons show up
– Show season and episode numbers for recently added episodes
– A number of user-reported crashes
★★★ NOTE: YOU MUST HAVE A PLEX MEDIA SERVER (AVAILABLE FOR FREE AT http://www.plexapp.com/getplex/) INSTALLED AND RUNNING TO STREAM LOCAL MEDIA. VERSION 0.9.8.14 OR HIGHER IS REQUIRED. DRM-protected content (such as video from the iTunes store), ISO disc images, and VIDEO_TS folders are not supported. ★★★
- Download the file
- Copy and paste to extSD card and Install